Are you ready to set up your first blog, earn money, travel the world, and live your best life? But do you know which are the best blogging platforms to make money?
Stay with me and let me take you through.
While it is true that blogging is a high paying career, the only way to generate handsome amounts of profits yearly is by finding the best blogging platform.
Think of the best blogging platform to make money as the very pillar of your blog. It is the secret behind drastically growing your email list, building an audience, and ultimately making fortunes.
We understand that finding the right platform from the parades of available choices is not easy. That is why we have done intensive research on your behalf and prepared a list of the top options available.
In this post, we will analyze them in detail, and I’ll also take you through their pros and cons.
Let’s get started.
What to Look For In the Best Blogging Platform
Before I share my list,
Let’s first talk about the characteristics of a top-rated blogging platform. If you are a blogging beginner, you need a platform with a low learning curve. It should be easy to set up and should not require any coding.
But that’s not all.
Thinking about your future blogging needs is just as important as considering your current needs.
If you thrive as a blogger, you will possibly want to spruce up your site with additional features and increase your levels of engagement with the growing audience.
In short, one of the characteristics of an excellent blogging platform is that it will allow room for growth.
From my experience,
I can confidently tell you that you need to find the right platform first. Once your audience begins to grow, switching to a different platform will not be easy.
Let me tell you a short story about myself.
When getting started, I had zero plans of making money blogging. I wish someone told me that it is better to have the option to do so at some point. Settling for the most convenient platform I could find forced me to start from scratch when I was ready to start earning from my blogs.
So take the positive side from my experience and monetize your blog.
Without further ado,
Let’s analyze the best blogging platforms for beginners and seasoned bloggers. I’ll also tell you about the upfront costs of starting a blog on these platforms to make your selection much more straightforward.
WordPress. Org is one of the best website builders and blogging platforms in the world. It powers an impressive 30% of all websites you can find on the internet.
This platform has passed the test of time, and it currently stands as one of the best blogging platforms for making money.
So what makes WordPress so famous?
First, it is a free, open-source for blogging, and it allows one to build websites or blogs in a matter of minutes. Then again, it is a self-hosted builder, and this gives users complete control over their blogs.
- Total control over each and every aspect of your website, including your blogs
- More customization options: You can even add features such as paid memberships, forums or online stores
- WordPress allows you to create SEO friendly tags, categories, and URLs for your blog posts. This is one of the most search engine friendly blogging platforms that even features a selection of outstanding SEO plugins.
- A host of free themes available to enhance your website customization abilities
- Users can access over 54,000 free plugins. With these plugins, you can add galleries, email marketing forms, and other features to your WordPress blog
- Not ideal for beginners; managing your website requires skills
- Users are responsible for managing their security and backups
As I mentioned earlier, the Wordpress software is free. However, you need to pay for hosting and a domain name. This will cost you around 14.99/year and $7.99/month, respectively.
Wix is a hosted website builder that provides excellent solutions for small businesses that need to enhance their online presence. This platform allows you to build a website in minutes by merely utilizing the drag and drop tools.
And guess what?
No coding skills are required, and all features are designed to be super user-friendly
With the Wix blog app, you can also add blogs to your website. Even though there are customization limitations, there are plenty of features to help you create a stunning blog.
- Plenty of templates available for customizing your site and blogs
- Most user-friendly platform with drag and drop tools for enhanced ease of use
- Setting up your websites and blogs is quick and easy
- A limited selection of third-party apps
- You have to stick with the first template you choose
- This is a free platform although the best eCommerce features are only available in paid plans
Accessing the basic Wix website builder is free. Better still; users get a free Wix subdomain.
If you want a custom domain, you have to part with about $4.50 monthly. There are also premium custom domain plans that range from 8.50 monthly to $24.50 per month.
Don’t confuse this with WordPress.org.
WordPress.com is different from WordPress.org. The former is a free blog hosting service by Automattic.
This is a company which was founded by Matt Mullenweg who also happens to be a co-founder of WordPress.org
WordPress.com is a basic platform, although you can buy premium services such as custom domains and additional storage if you want.
So what makes it so different from the former?
It is a more cost-effective alternative to using WordPress.Org. Additionally, it is an excellent option for those that don’t need advanced features.
- User-friendly and stress-free to manage
- Zero setups needed
- Completely free
- Minimal customization options
- Your free website will show WordPress.com ads. Unfortunately, you cannot run any advertisements of your own
- Users have limited control over their blogs. WordPress.com can pull them down, mainly if their terms of service terms are violated
WordPress.com is a free basic account. You can even so upgrade to a personal plan to get rid of Wordpress.com advertisements and logos on your site.
An upgrade package comes with a custom domain and it will cost you about $4 per month (billed yearly).
Constant Contact Website Builder
If you want to build a free business website, online store, or blog within minutes, consider using the Constant Contact Website Builder.
And how does the platform work?
This platform is powered by intelligent A.I. and features a user-friendly drag and drop interface to make it easy and quick for users to customize the website designs.
This platform gives you access to a range of useful tools. They include a professional stock photo library with over 550,000 images, a custom logo maker, and so much more.
- User-friendly website builder and blogging platform ideal for beginners
- Paid plans include a free domain and free SSL certificate
- Easy and fast set up because Constant Contact hosts all websites
- Generous features available with the free plan
- Limited third-party plugins
- It’s somewhat challenging to explore your site and blogs from Constant Contact
The Constant Contact open plan allows you to create a business website, blog, or even an eCommerce store.
From my perspective, this free package is quite generous. It allows you to sample their services before spending anything.
If you want to upgrade to the starter plan, you need to pay $10 each month. This package comes with a free SSL certificate, free custom domain, and access to phone-based support from the platform.
You can also choose the business plan and pay $20 monthly. This plan gives you access to a range of highly advanced eCommerce features
Blogger is also one of the best blogging platforms for making money. It is a free service by Google that offers users an easy and quick way to create impressive blogs.
The user-friendliness of this platform makes it a perfect choice for those that are not tech-savvy.
Compared to other platforms that are currently making a buzz, this is one of the oldest ones. It was launched by Pyra Labs in 1999 and was later acquired by Google in 2003.
This is a platform that has evolved immensely over the years, and its redesigning has made it safer and more reliable.
- Free blogging platform
- Managing your blogs does not require any technical skills
- This is a secure and reliable service by Google
- Only basic blogging tools are available
- Limited design options and just a few templates are available
- Users are not in full control of their blogs. Google can take down your site without warning
Blogger is free. It, however, allows users to buy custom domains from third parties.
We have just rounded up the five best blogging platforms to make money. Of course, there are various other great options you have, such as Tumblr, Medium, and even Squarespace.
If you need the easiest platform to use, consider Wix and Blogger. You will, however, need to settle for WordPress.org if you want the very best platform that has a host of advanced features and better customization options.
Which blogging platform is best for making money?
The best platforms to earn money from include; WordPress.org, Wix, Blogger, WordPress.com, Tumblr, Medium and Weebly
Do bloggers make money?
Blogging has become very lucrative and successful bloggers can make a six figure amount monthly
How do beginner bloggers make money?
Beginners can make money through affiliate marketing, selling Ebooks, online courses, Freelance writing and Google AdSense.
What website is best for blogging?
You can try Wix, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Medium, SquareSpace and Ghost.org